The Titanium Dioxide Manufacturers Association (TDMA) represents the major producers of titanium dioxide (TiO2 ) and has been their voice in Europe since 1974.
Our members develop products and applications that are seen in almost every aspect of daily life. Across the globe, TiO2 is used in everything from paints, plastics and paper to make-up and sunscreen. Find out more about titanium dioxide.
The range of innovative uses for TiO2 keeps on increasing. In recent years, for example, it has been used in the manufacture of cheap and efficient solar cells and building facades that can neutralise air pollution.
The products and applications developed by our members are at the heart of this incredible innovation. The role of TDMA is to support our members by promoting and defending the merits of TiO2 in all suitable applications. We provide comprehensive, authoritative and trusted information about the safety and use of TiO2 .
We are proud of our industry’s track record of using TiO2 safely for 100 years.
We know our product is safe – the chemical properties of TiO2 naturally make it so. It is inert, non-reactive and non-toxic in all its commercial uses.
Numerous scientific studies have also demonstrated that TiO2 is safe to use in a wide range of applications. However, like many other substances, it has been the subject of regulatory scrutiny and media attention.
As the voice of our industry, we want to ensure that the relevant regulatory frameworks and policies concerning TiO2 – as well as the public discussions about its safety and efficacy – are guided only by robust science.
We do this by:
- Leading the way on independent research that demonstrates TiO2 is safe to use. A long-term study of workers’ exposure to TiO2 is a leading example of this
- Bringing this evidence to the attention of decision-makers and the media
- Being ready to answer questions from authorities and users about the safety and efficacy of TiO2
- Addressing all enquiries about TiO2 in an open and transparent way
TDMA and its members work hard to ensure TiO2 is manufactured and used safely and sustainably.
As part of this commitment, our members work to:
- Implement the Responsible Care® commitment to continuous environmental, health and safety improvement
- Reduce Green House Gas (GHG) emissions/carbon footprint in the TiO2 industry and its applications
- Inform and educate users on the efficient and effective use of TiO2
You can find out more about how we help to ensure TiO2 is manufactured and used in a sustainable way in the Sustainable Industry section.
Members of TDMA:
TDMA is a sector group of Cefic (the European Chemical Industry Council), which represents 29,000 chemical companies across Europe.
We are a non-profit organisation and have no commercial role. For all commercial enquiries, please contact our members directly.
For all other enquiries, please email email@example.com